Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A blog for English 839-Proposal Writing at Clemson University, Summer 2008.
Though my current degree pursuits classify me as a professional communicator, I am interested in all types of writing – workplace writing, classroom writing, creative writing, and technical writing. I’ve written stories and profiles for local newspapers and alumni publications, and my current positions include working as a freelance writer for the Office of Publications and Promotion and teaching English 103 at Clemson University, where I received the award for best graduate lab assistant in 2008.
My research focuses on the media’s role in constructing identity, power, and ideology, and my papers include “The Glass Page: Women’s Identity in Business Magazines,” awarded best undergraduate poster at the 2005 Georgetown Linguistic Society Conference, and “Transit in Text: The Media’s Role in the Planning Process,” co-presented at the 2008 American Collegiate Schools of Planning Conference. In addition, I’ve attended the research network forum of the 2008 Conference on College Composition and Communication and biannual meetings of the College Communicators Association of Virginia.
As an undergraduate at the University of Mary Washington, I studied English and business administration, graduating as valedictorian of my class, and I worked for a year as assistant director of news and public information at UMW before pursuing my master’s degree.
No comments:
Post a Comment